Thursday, January 14, 2010

Prayers and a Sunset



The day is finally over and I'm sitting here keeping warm. Got both my girls at my feet, literally! They sure do love their momma =) So glad the weekend is almost here. I'm ready to sleep in. Yes, it was hard to leave the bed again!!! But enough about my sleeping issues.



I'm sure by now that everyone has heard about the earthquake in Hati. I can't imagine what they are going through. I hope everyone contributes what they can, be it a donation or a prayer. I pray for the Americans that are down there as well. We got a call at work today from a woman whose mother is in Hati. She has not been able to contact her mother and wanted to know if we had any kind of information. Unfortunately we weren't able to give her much information. I felt so bad; I wish there was more that I could have done. I will continue to watch the news and pray for all those effected.



On a lighter note I was actually home before the sun went down tonight. The days must be getting longer....FINALLY!!!! I was so excited that I took some photos of the sunset!!







The one thing I miss about working second shift is being able to enjoy the sunshine!! Now I leave for work when the sun is just coming up and by the time I get home its almost gone. If summers down here weren't so hot I'd love them. All those long sunny days!! I can't wait! It will be good for the dogs too. They've been locked up in this house for too long. Since everything is still thawing and our yard is like a sponge, we haven't been able to let the girls out to run. I think they're starting to get cabin fever.


So now I'm sitting here, talking to you, when I should be cooking something for dinner. I have no idea what to cook either. Luckily The Man is working in the barn so I have some time to spare before I have to start. Any ideas?? I've run out of things to cook, not used to cooking every night. I need to go through some cook books and get some ideas. Hopefully that way I won't waste any more time trying to figure meals out. So I'm gonna move into the kitchen now and throw something together. I'll let you know how it goes!!


Ya'll have a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. OOOH, my sweet sleeping babies! I miss them... and I know they miss their bubbie...

    You need to join the Looking at the Sky on Friday photo meme group over at www.crazyworkingmom.com

    There's a big box of cookbooks in the storage unit that you can borrow until Mabel comes home...

    ReplyDelete