Saturday, January 9, 2010

Let It Snow....Some More Please!

This is what I woke up to!

The neighbors horse






If the barn door is open; The Man is working!


The hype this week in Tennessee has been the massive amount of winter weather that we were supposed to get. For the past two days all the schools have been closed, even though there hasn't been much on the ground. Today was the first morning that the grass was almost 100% covered. Now that's what I call a blizzard!!! Being from Northern Illinois I tend to laugh at the locals when winter weather hits. It's hysterical!!!


So glad that it is Saturday. I've made it through my first week at a new job and more importantly I did it without falling asleep!!! This was my first week working a normal shift in 3 years. Before that I was working second shift with alot of overtime. I was used to hitting the sack around 4am. Now I have to admit that I'm not completely cured of my old sleeping habits, but I'm getting there. For those that know me personally, this is a HUGE thing.
So now that The Man is in the barn, I have the whole house to myself. Now let me inform you that the barn is like 4 times bigger than the house, but still, its all mine!! So, I'm sitting here debating on what to do: put up all the christmas decor or head to my sewing studio and play with all the fabric Lois got me for Christmas?? Tough choice...ummmmm...studio it is!!! So I'm going to get another cup of coffee, get the creative juices flowing, and I'll let you know what I come up with!
Ya'll have a Great Day!!!








3 comments:

  1. Yay for sewing day! I cut nine blocks for a swap today. Luckily it's a new-sew swap, so the big task is done. Now I just gotta baggie each batch up and add surprises!

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to come over here to Connecticut and take our son back over to Tennessee with you. It's only the beginning of January and I've already had enough, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I think Linda meant snow! You can take it from PA too. We've had enough of it and the cold wind.

    But it does make for beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete