Wednesday, February 22, 2012
WOW, has it been a long time or what?! I was thinking about my poor little blog this morning and I, once again, decided to pick it back up even though I rarely have time to shower let alone blog!! LOL! Oh well, what can I say. I have realistic expectations though. I know I'm not going to be able to blog everyday, more like every week, but I want to be able to talk about me and my hopes and dreams!! I also want to be able to connect with my family that is now stretched from coast to coast....more on that in a bit. Its a good thing for me to have an outlet, especially when my personal time is so limited. So, once again, here I am sharing myself with whom ever will read.
The last I posted it was right before the holiday mad rush and let me tell you it was MAD!!! I was never so thankful to see a new year roll in as I was this year. I will try and break down everything that has happened since November 2011 as simply as I can put it.
1) Most important....Gabbie turned 1. Now I have a full blown toddler on my hands and all the glory that comes with that.
2) My father and step-mother moved to Settle, WA. While the pacific northwest has always been a place on my bucket list, I wasn't too keen with the idea. I'm still struggling with it.
3) I've decided to apply for law school. I've been toying with the idea for a while and praying for the right path to be revealed. Its not easy being a full time employee, wife, and mother, and adding student to that scares the hell out of me, but I know this is what I want to do with my life.
4) Byron and I have revamped our faith. We began going back to church about a year ago and now we are attending Sunday school as well. We have an amazing new group of friends that we truly enjoy. Because of our faith in God, we have managed not to kill each other over the past year, stay married, and we both became better people. Everyday my faith is tested but so far, all is a ok.
5) My little sister is getting married in May. Yes, Hell froze over!
I think that sums up all the important stuff....on to today.
So, I'm studying for the LSAT on my lunch breaks and in the hour I have between the end of my work day and the beginning of swim aerobics on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm down 11 pounds!! YIPPY!!! Gotta look good in that bridesmaids dress. I'm trying to get my home life organized now which is proving extremely difficult. I used to be so good about lists and planning meals. Having Gabbie just blew all that out of the water!!
We talk to dad and step-mommie via the Internet which is better than not seeing them at all. They get to see how big Gabbie has gotten and she can see them and form a relationship. Byron's parents have jumped on the video cam wagon as well. We had our first chat with them last night. Unfortunately by the time all the bugs were worked out Gabbie was asleep but we have a date for later in the week. Its good for her to be able to see and hear everyone and will help to cement those relationships in the future.
So, that's that. I'll be working to revamp the blog in the near future. Its far from Summer 2011!! LOL. I hope you all, if anyone, have a wonderful day. I'll be back soon.