Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Let the Nursery Preparation Commense

Now that Christmas is over, I can finally focus all my attension on the nursery and let me tell you, I'm EXCITED!!! I've been planning and collection stuff for months and now I get to put it all together. I hope it all turns out great in the end. There are several little projects that I'm working on. A baby quilt is first on the list. I have everything I need for it, just putting it together is the time consuming part. Next is the cutest stuffed hen from Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings. It is the cutest thing. Then I've got a diaper stacker to make. I simply can't find one that I like and I sure don't want to spend a small fortune!!

Speaking of a fortune, why is it that all baby stuff is SO EXPENSIVE?? I just don't understand this!! I found a red gingham crib set on walmart.com for $54. It was only 3 pieces; a quilt, a fitted sheet, and the bumpers!! For over 50 bucks!!! I just don't understand. So, I've been to my ole' stand by, Goodwill, and I've found the majority of the things that I need for the nursery. And as soon as I get it somewhat put together, I will take some pictures and show you how inexpensive this nursery has been. Its gonna be so cute!! I'm so proud of myself for staying with a small budget!

As you can probably tell, I'm really excited about putting it all together. I hope that it looks as good in real life as it does in my head. I still have a couple more things to collect, but all in all everything in basically done. Just need a couple coats of paint and it will be done.

The Man is having a time fishing. Its so cold down there that they had to purchase space heaters to keep warm. Apparently the hotel doesn't have a great heating system. They aren't catching much fish either. I just hope he still has a good time. I'm starting to miss him; luckily he'll be home in Friday. I think I can hold out a couple more days. I have plenty to keep me busy.

I got two major things checked off my "Baby List" this week; pre-register at the hospital and find a pedatrician. Both were pretty easy, I have to say, and I shouldn't have procrastinated so long. But I'm glad its done, now I don't have to worry about anything, well at least the major things. There's not much more on the "Baby List", time has really flown by. I forgot to tell you about Gabbie's amazing Christmas present from my Grandfather. I knew he would be making her a toy chest but I didn't think it would be so soon. He completely surprised me Chrsitmas Day with this.



Needless to say I cried hysterically!!! I can't wait to get it in the nursery and filled. I just hope that it fits! Its a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Either way, I will make room!!

Well, I think I'll stop here. I'll be back soon to show you the progress on the nursery. Until then, Ya'll make it a good one!

1 comment: