Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

WOW!!! I can't believe that the holiday has already come and gone. It went by so quickly. I had an amazing time with my wonderful family. I wish they could have stayed just a couple days longer but I know that I will be seeing them again soon. I would have posted much sooner, but I didn't take a single picture of our weekend. Not one!!! So, I had to wait until a family member got them all together. I don't know if I ever mensioned that we celebrate Thanksgiving in a non-conventional way. We spend our holiday outside, around a fire, and instead of turkey and dressing, we make a special soup that we cook on the fire. We don't watch football or the parade. We don't worry about place cards or stemware. We drink our beer around a fire and spend time with family. Pretty simple and non-complicated. Here are some pictures of our festivities.

The Man and my Cousin wresteling.




My Poppa and my Grampie. Two of my favorite people in the whole world.



The Women in our family have two traditions on Thanksgiving. One is drinking off the "Rock of Life". Up north the Rock was a stone wall and now that we are celebrating in Tennessee, we had to make do with what we had. That didn't stop us from continuing the trasition. This is my sister, Mable, My Mother and My Grammie.





The second tradition that us women have is our annual mudslide toast. Usually this happens first thing in the morning, but this year was a little off. Once again we had to make some adjustments but we still continued the tradition. We toasted to several things this year including family, next generations, and Miss Gabbie. Yes, I did partake in this tradition, although I did not partake that much. Just a sip or two.





These are just a couple candid shots of Mother and I, Mom and My Uncle Joe, and our lovely mailbox baring the Point Shelter sign. Point Shelter was where we used to celebrate Thanksgiving. It just seemed fitting to have the sign out.





That's about all for right now. I'll be posting several times this week...lots going on. I hope Yall have a great day.

1 comment: