Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Well it turned out to be a busy weekend after all. Shortly after making my post on Saturday, we headed off to my Grandparent's house and were there the majority of the afternoon. We then headed home and to my surprise started deep cleaning. Now by deep cleaning I mean going through drawers and cabinets, getting rid of unused things, wiping everything down...that sort of cleaning. We basically started working on my to do list, which I'm ecstatic about. Here are some after pictures.






We spent all Sunday working as well. Honestly I wanted to work in the studio but I'm glad we continued and got everything done. Now I can proudly say that half of my list has been completed. Now its onto the other half, which will be much easier to accomplish. Hopefully that will get done in the next couple of weeks. My goal is to have it all done by Thanksgiving, which only gives us a couple of weeks but I think we can handle it. I will definitely post some pictures as soon as at least one room gets done.

While I'm glad to see a stop to all the darn political ads, I am proud that I have the opportunity to vote. I never really thought about it much until I was finally able to vote in my first presidential election. Of course the voting location was very busy and as I sat there waiting for my turn I couldn't help but think about all those people who fought for my right to vote. Women did not have the right to vote in this country until 1920 and Native Americans finally became citizens in 1924, gaining their right to vote. All those people that went before me, who fought, were imprisoned, and probably died, all so that I, a Native American woman, could cast her vote. It truly brings tears to my eyes.

Just had to get that off my chest. I guess I'll stop here. Hopefully I'll be back soon. Ya'll have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment