Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Alive

Its been a while!! We've been a little busy around here. Mable graduated from college this past weekend so we were out of town for that. I am so proud of her. I will post pictures when I have them....idiot me forgot the camera. It inspired me to grab the bull by the horns and apply to graduate school myself....something I've been putting off for a while now. It was a fun trip and I can't wait til Mable comes home, hopefully soon, for a visit.

The Man and I are gearing up for the gardening season. We started planting today: tomatoes ( 3 different kinds), bell peppers, cayenne peppers, jalapenos, and okra. We'll be putting in all the seeds either tomorrow or Thursday and there are a lot of those....corn, cucumbers, beans, squash, zucchini, purple hull peas, carrots, radishes....all kinds of good stuff!!! I know it seems like a lot for 2 people but we grow for the entire family and we sell some as well. I also put up a lot for the fall and winter months but more on that later. As soon as we get everything in I'll give you a grand total of everything we've got.

We're also getting ready for a second bee hive. We got a huge order in yesterday with all the pieces for the new hive. Now all we have to do is get it together and wait for the phone call to pick up our bees. We haven't been into the hive in a week or so to check on the bees so we'll be doing that in the next couple of days as well. I'll make sure to take pictures!

The Man gets out for summer vacation soon and I'm getting jealous. How I wish I had 2 months off with him. I can only imagine the things I could get done. I have to make sure I get a "Honey Do" list going because he's definitely not sitting around watching cartoons while I'm working all day! =)

Think I'll stop here for tonight. Hopefully I'll be back soon with some pictures!! Until then....Ya'll make it a good one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment