Monday, May 31, 2010

Good Weekend

It was a pretty good holiday. I got half the day off work and got home just in time for the family to head down to The Farm for a cook out. The Man got a new Webber grill which got broken in with BBQ chicken and some hot dogs. There was also some green rice, potato salad, tomato salad, green bean salad, onions with blue cheese, and a ton of desserts courtesy of my wonderful mother. The whole family was here and we spent the afternoon laughing and carrying on as usual.

Now The Man, Mable, and I are cleaning up and then its to the couches for a movie. Mable has been home for a couple days now and it has been great spending time with her. I miss her terribly and I love every moment I get with her. Last night was a blast. We grilled pork steaks, ate el fresco, and had Smores' for dessert. Tomorrow it's back to the grind but at least she's staying one more day!!! I'm excited about that.

There's not much going on in other news. The Man is out on summer vacation...lucky. Don't worry I'll be keeping him busy....he just doesn't know it yet. Poppa and Step-Mommie are in Southern Illinois for the holiday weekend so we're without our neighbors, which has been kind of awkward. Hopefully they'll be back soon...I know the girls miss their Nannie Jeanie.

I guess that's about it for now. Ya'll have a good holiday.

1 comment:

  1. I miss my girls, too! give Mabel a hug from me and tell her I love her! Andy asked about your bees today. Remind me to bring photos next time. Trying to wrangle a date from Dad on when we'll be back.

    ReplyDelete