Friday, June 4, 2010

And Baby Makes Three



That's right....I'm pregnant! Found out the other day and it has been confirmed by my general physician. We're so very excited. We were going to wait a short while before telling everyone but that was just not possible. The reaction was just about the same across the board....screaming and crying. I think out of all of them my sister was the best. She just kept saying " Oh My God" over and over again for like 5 minutes straight! It was so funny! I wish we could have recorded every one's reaction.

The Man's reaction was equally amusing. I'm glad I grabbed the positive test in the bio-hazard bag before leaving the doc's office because he didn't believe me. He was in shock for a long while, then I told him he was gonna be a Daddy and he got a little teary eyed. I think that broke the spell a bit. Now he's in full baby mode, which is amazing. I didn't think it would hit so fast. He's checking out things online and thinking of names. He's so cute.

As for me, well I've got heartburn....BAD! Mother said she was never sick with me nor Mabel and I pray everyday that I will be the same. I have had a couple small bits of nausea and some constant heartburn but if that's all then I'll take it. I'm also extremely tired. I came home from work yesterday at 5pm, took a nap til 6:45pm, woke up to cook dinner and was back in bed by 8:15pm. The Man was like "What's wrong with you?" But when you think about what my body is actually doing....its not hard to believe why I'm so drained. Being the science geeks that we are, The Man and I understand completely what my body is doing and I intend to give it as much sleep as it needs =)

I think the most exciting part is getting to share all of this with my family. They're all so excited! My Grandfather, who makes beautiful things out of wood, said he better head to Home Depot, and my sister and aunts said they can't wait to start shopping. I feel so blessed to have a family that supports us so entirely. I've got a funny feeling that our child will want for nothing. I'm so glad we get to share this with all of them. Honestly, The Man and I wouldn't have made it this far without all our their help and support.

Lord, I'm only a couple of weeks in and already I'm getting emotional! I just think I've got the most amazing in the world....that's all. Well, I'm getting tired (imagine that) so I'll stop myself here. Ya'll take care!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Now go rest.... you are growing a BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Your life shall change in so many ways you cannot even imagine right now. And all for the good. Our peanut is four months old now and I am still in awe of the entire process of becoming a mother.

    The tiredness lasts until the second trimester, than you get a break, but by the middle of the third, its back with avengeance! Take any and all rest and help you can get you will need it. The first few months are completely without sleep, trust me!

    If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I was just through it and maybe I can help. I won't scare you with the small fact that I was sick, every morning.... for all NINE MONTHS! Sorry, but its possible, though I hope you don't have any of it.

    Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking about it and smiling. Mabel will be a wonderful auntie to the little one. We are excited as well. My mind has been running amok. Can't wait to see your mom so we can have a good cry together...

    Glad to hear the man is in the groove, I know he's been looking forward to it. You two will be wonderful parents. You had two wonderful examples in your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete