Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

Good Morning! Couldn't sleep any more so I decided to get up and start the day. Today is Father's Day so we'll be heading over to Grammie and Grampie's at some point today to meet up with the family. I'm a big fan of Mother's Day and Father's day...don't know why actually but I guess it's just because its the only day set aside for so many of my loved one's. That and I think being a parent is an honor and those that are should be honored for it.

My Poppa is the greatest, although I haven't thought so all my life, then again who does! There are 3 things that I am extremely thankful for that my father has provided... my education, my trip to Alaska which completely changed my life, and my little sister, Mabel. There are other things of course but those 3 are at the top. I love the fact that I get to see my father almost every day and I'm kinda dreading him getting a new job cause I know it won't be near home. But duty calls and I'd rather him work now and be home when the baby is born than the alternative.

My Grampie and I have been close since I was born. Don't know why but that's just the way it is. I like to think it was divine intervention but I think we would have been that way regardless. He's the most amazing person I've ever met. You just have to know him to understand what I'm talking about. There's really not much I can put into words about my grandfather, he's just awesome!

My step-father willingly walked into "fatherhood". He doesn't have any biological children but he does have children. I commend both of my step parents for all that they've done and truly didn't have to do. It's a selfless thing to take on someone else's children and make them yours over time. I know it wasn't easy, especially with me, but I'm glad they stuck it out. Now I'm even more thrilled to make them grandparents.

Last but not least is The Man. He's a father to the little pea inside me something I'm sure he didn't expect so soon. I know he will be a wonderful father. Hell he's a child himself!!! LOL!! But in all seriousness, he's really an amazing person as well. His family will always come first and I know when he holds that little bundle his life will change forever, just as it did with my Poppa, Grampie, and Step-dad.

That's a tid bit on the fathers in my life. I don't know what I'd do without them. I hope that each of you has amazing fathers in your life. Ya'll go out and honor your fathers!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post you wrote here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a wonderful group of fathers, too!

    ReplyDelete