Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The First Baby Appointment



We had our first doctor's appointment today. It went well. We didn't get to hear the heart beat, which I was disappointed in, but everything else was good. The doctor said I was having a fairly easy pregnancy and was moving along as I should be. I'm at 8 weeks and due February 10, 2011. She did say that I would most likely have to have a c-section. My pelvic bone is just too narrow, but that's ok with me, just as long as we're healthy. The Man came in with me and the doctor explained to him everything we had discussed prior, which I really liked. She assured him that a c-section was nothing to be worried about and that the baby and I were doing just fine. We will get an ultrasound and be able to hear the heart beat at my next appointment in a month. I'm patiently awaiting that!!!

That's about all the news I have. Not much else going on except putting up produce from the garden. I'm hoping to have the majority of it done by the end of the weekend...keyword there is "hoping". Well, here's to hoping!! I'll let you know how it goes! Until then, Ya'll take care!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your appointment went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having an easy pregnancy! That is great news in deed. Hearing the heartbeat is the greatest feeling. I couldn't wait for it at every appointment. I cried almost every time, especially since during our first pregnancy we never got to hear it, and it was such a let down, only to discover later we had miscarried. So its a gift, I cherished each and every time we heard it for Megan. Can't wait for some beautiful baby bump pics!

    ReplyDelete