Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Verdict Is In

For the past several months now my hands have been really bothering me...really achy, falling asleep while I sleep, and really sore during the day. They've even been keeping me awake at night. To be brutally honest they've been bothering me for over a year now but its just recently that they've irritated me enough to see a doctor about it. The verdict...classical carpal tunnel in both hands.

Yep!! So, I got a shot in both wrists and some braces to try for a couple months. If that doesn't work then its surgery for ole Gladys. The good part is that I caught it early and I'm intelligent enough to do something about it.

In other news, we finally got the garden in. Among the previous things stated we've planted 2 types of peas, pole beans, radishes, beets, zucchini, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon, and a lot of corn! Needless to say, we'll be busy this summer. Its a good thing The Man has 2 months off!!! He'll be helping me put all this wonderful veggie goodness up.

Been discussing adding to the farm lately. The Man and I feel the addition of cow and chickens are necessary. Hopefully they will come in the near future along with our second hive of bees. If only we had the funds to purchase the 25 acres next door.... a girl can dream!

Well, I think I'll give my hands a rest. Next time I'll include some new pics of the bees and the farm. Ya'll have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Gentle hugs... those shots can hurt. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have carpal tunnel in my right hand....can be very annoying.....that's for sure, but the brace has helped me a lot at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear they work Pat. I'd hate to think that it is all in vain!!

    ReplyDelete