Wednesday, September 1, 2010

17 Weeks and Counting

I had my monthly doctor's appointment today and all is well. I've only gained 2 pounds! The baby is healthy...heart is beating away. I've started "showing" and had to go get some maternity clothes since nothing in my closet would fit. We did a routine blood work scan for some birth defects but most importantly we scheduled my 20 week ultrasound for September 21. This is the BIG ONE...when we find out the sex of the baby!!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!!! I really can't wait. All the way home I was thinking about how I get to start on the nursery soon. So far I'm looking for something like this for a girl.


Credit

Although I'm more of a bee person I love the color combination with this set. I've kinda been leaning toward strawberries instead of ladybugs but I can't find anything like that. So, if it's a girl, I'll probably end up making most of the bedding myself. I just love the thought of using red instead of pink. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PINK, its just so typical. Plus what is more country than strawberries??

And something like this for a boy

Credit

We are really outdoorsy people and I think the forest animals would be great. We love to camp, hike, bird watch, fish, etc. I can just see all this outdoor stuff in his room. So cute!

I still feel that it's a boy. Don't know why but either way I will be happy. I know The Man really wants a boy but deep down he'll be just as happy with a little girl too. Personally, I think having a little girl scares the heck out of him. I think he's afraid that he'll turn into the worlds' biggest push over and to tell the truth...HE WILL =) If it is a girl, I have to prepare for World War III....we have to decide on a name. The Man doesn't even want to discuss girl names at the moment. I guess he has a point...there's a 50/50 chance that it's not a girl so why talk about it. Only time will tell. I know Mother and Mabel are crossing their fingers for a girl. They're about the only one's that think it's a girl. Almost everyone says it's a boy. Maybe I should be collecting bets....hhhuuummmm...sounds like a good idea. LOL.

In other news: Mabel is coming in for the holiday weekend along with my Aunt and Uncle from Illinois. I'm so excited to see all 3 of them. It is going to be a great weekend here in Middle Tennessee....the high is only supposed to be in the low 80s!!! How great is that?! It will be nice to see everyone, it's been a while. I miss my family like crazy especially now that I'm pregnant. I want to be able to share everything with them but I'll settle for what I can get. I'm hoping that Mabel is able to come back for my ultrasound. I can have 3 people in the room with me and The Man and Mother have filled 2. If not then its fine...like I said I want to share everything with the family.

I'm hoping to take some pictures this weekend and share them with you. I hope everyone has a great long weekend. Spend it with family!!! Until next time: Ya'll make it a good one!

2 comments:

  1. So on my birthday I get to find out what it is... yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. about the pushover thing... just ask dad...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete