Monday, September 13, 2010

Almost Healthy

I've been sick again and finally am starting to feel better. I had to take 2 days off work, which was well needed. I got some things done around the house but I was cautious not to over do it. I really need to start feeling better. The doc said its a bad sinus infection and gave me an anti-biotic. I'm hoping that it kicks whatever I've been battling for the past month.


My loving girls took care of me the whole time, while also taking advantage of the fact that I wasn't in the mood for discipline. They both lounged on the couch as did I.


In other news, we have started "Project Re-do Home". The Man and I have been wanting to get the house in order before the baby come, and we kicked off this past week. We started by taking an old 30s vanity I had and turning it into 2 bedside tables. I got the idea here. I just love that website and will be using it for other projects. Then we took the console table from our bedroom and used it in the living room with some re-arranging involved. I will post some before and after pictures once I get them off of my cell phone! We still have a lot to do but it's a start.

Going back to work today was a bit hard, I'm really starting to dis-like that place. It didn't help that my manager was giving me a hard time about being out. I really wanted to tell her "I quit" right, then, and there....but I didn't. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself when I took my lunch break. I was driving around town because I just had to get out of the office. Without thinking I pulled into Goodwill parking lot and just sat there thinking. Then it hit me....it could get so much worse. I thought about a family friend of ours who is past her due date and has nothing for her son; no diapers stocked up, no car seat to bring him home, no crib to put him in. Immediately I felt ashamed of myself for being so dramatic with things. SO.....I went into Goodwill and bought her a bag full of clothes for the baby. All kinds of stuff, even threw in some bibs and cute little hats. I'll send them off to her next week because I think I'll be purchasing some more things for her.

I've also decided to start selling Gold Canyon Candles. Mother has been selling them for a while now and I LOVE THEM!!!!! They beat any candle on the market and I have tried them all. No candle smells up a room like these do. The Man is obsessed with them!!!! We need the extra money so I thought this would be the best way to get it and with the holidays coming up they should sell well (at least I'm praying they do). Ironically Mabel has started selling them as well so it truly is a family thing!! I still have to get all the info together but that shouldn't take long. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm an really getting excited about my ultrasound next week. Only 8 more days and we find out what we're having. The Man had a dream last night that it was a girl and she had my father's blue eyes. We will see =) I can't wait to make that post!

I'll leave you at that. I hope that everyone has a good week and try to do something good for others!! Ya'll take care!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with everything -- hormones and such things are more "raw" than usual emotion-wise.

    I can't wait to see the new homestead. Give my sweet grandbabydogs some lubbins from me...

    ReplyDelete