Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Beach

Well it was a long weekend. Lots of time in the car but it was all worth it. We arrived Thursday afternoon safe and sound. I got to visit with my sorority sister Jennifer and was finally able to meet my "niece" Haidyn. Isn't she just precious. She's a miracle baby. When Jen was about 8 and a half months pregnant she was in a horrible car accident that broke her back and a had her in a halo for a long while. She gave birth to little Haidyn naturally in a halo!!! Yep she's that good. We almost lost them....thank God we didn't!!!

Friday The Man and I visited with his grandparents and headed to the beach. We spent most of Friday by ourselves, everyone had to work. So we walked the beach, the same one where he proposed, and ate a nice seafood dinner together. Then we headed to the family beach house to meet up with the rest of the bunch. It was a gorgeous day at the beach! Here are just a few of the shots I took.




















On Saturday we all piled up and went shopping, first to the local flea market, my personal favorite, and then to the outlet malls. I found a bunch of things at the flea market but nothing I couldn't live without. The Man finally found himself a Tarheels Flag for The Farm. I have a feeling it will be making its debut this week! I got a pair of Crocs at the Croc outlet for 15 bucks!!! Now I have something to wear out in the garden!! Yippy! The we all went to a Chinese buffet with crab legs and let me just say....boy did we give them a run for their money!! I'm surprised they didn't kick us out!! Between my father-in-law and myself we definitely ate more crab legs than we paid for!!!
We were up early yesterday and headed home. It was a good trip...wish we had a couple more days though. I miss my sister-in-law Whitney. We really get along and don't get to see each other often. I'm hoping that she and her husband, Phillip, will be able to come visit this summer.
We'll I'm off to bed. Its been a long day and I'm ready to put my feet up and read a bit. Ya'll have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see the pic of the baby. I remember Miss Lois posting about the terrible accident and I prayed and prayed. It's a gift indeed to see that prayer works and that sweet little girl is proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pics....thanks for sharing. How wonderful that the story about the baby has such a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I have not been around much. Hope to be blogging more regularly now. Those are some beatiful pictures. The beach is my fave :o)

    ReplyDelete