Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Photo Challenge

Finally I have a spare moment to make a decent post. As I have previously explained, I am participating in a 30 day photo challenge called Gratitude. I am going to (attempt) post daily with the respective picture. Since today is November 9th, there will be 9 pictures in this post. So, without further ado....

Day 1 - Favorite Food

These are Peanut Butter, Pretzel, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. My wonderful sister, who's real name is Allie, sent me a link for them a while ago. They are my new favorite food!

Day 2 - Smile

I cheated on this one because you CAN'T beat this smile!!! I didn't take it recently so its kinda cheating!

Day 3 - Happiness

This was an easy one. There is nothing that make me more happy than cuddling with Gabbie. Here we were watching her favorite movie, Tangled, before bedtime.

Day 4 - Leaves

This is a breath taking Ginkgo tree. Its gigantic and has the most beautiful yellow leaves! I took several pictures of the tree and leaves!

Day 5 - Morning Sky

I take the "back roads" in the morning to get to the main highway. I find it's a time for me to say my prayers and thank God for the new day. This is one of several scenes that I pass daily. Its very simple, but there's not alot that is more beautiful to me.

Day 6 - Books

Books are gold to me. I am very grateful for books. This is a corner in the library at work. It is one of my favorite places in the office, a whole room full of books that I've never read. Unfortunately I can't understand them.... they're all legal books! LOL!

Day 7 - Something Funny

This one was actually rather difficult. this was the only thing I could think of. For those of you not in the interior design know, faux mounted heads are all the rage right now. They are making them out of everything from paper mache to knitted ones. This is actually going to be a Christmas present!

Day 8 - Favorite Color

my favorite color is red and I attribute it to this suitcase. I have had it since I was very little. It was obviously used for spending the night at my grandparent's house. Now it is in Gabbie's room and I think, sub-conscientiously, it is the reason for the colors in her room.

Day 9 - Inspiring Person

I cheated again. there is nothing more inspiring to me than my daughter. This picture was taken early the morning after she was born. I miss those quiet mornings.

I will be posting the rest soon enough. I suppose I should be you all up to date. I honestly don't know where I left off so I'll just cover my bases. Byron passed his test but there are no open positions at the moment. He is substituting every day basically and we are patiently waiting for something permanent to open up. I am working at a law firm as an assistant. I love my job! It is new, exciting, and never boring. I'm learning alot and I feel good about myself again....well at least I'm starting too. Gabbie is 9 months old as of last week. My how time flies. We are preparing for the holidays. It looks like we will be heading to Carolina for Christmas. I'm excited about it but I just don't like traveling during the holidays... they're busy enough to begin with. But I will be meeting my new niece, Emily, so that makes it better. Emily was born October 14. She's absolutely beautiful.

I think that is about all. I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed. I will talk to you all very soon. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. Love your choice of photos! Thanks for sharing them with us and I hope your husband gets a permanent position soon. Being a retired teacher, I know that subbing is a good way to get "known" in a school system and they usually like to hire their good subs when an opening occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile just melts me too! I'm suppposed to tell you that your classmate Ruthie's mom says hello and that GG is just precious. She's grandmother hen.

    ReplyDelete