Friday, April 1, 2011

2 Years Ago Today

It was 2 years ago that The Man and I closed on our house. I really can't believe its been that long, but it has. I've been sitting here, drinking my coffee, and thinking about all the changes we have made to the house thus far. Mind you they have been small changes but never-the-less, still changes.

We removed the hideous mauve fruit wallpaper from the kitchen, painted it my fav color, and fixed the pink counter tops.


Then we painted the horrendous 70s brick fireplace! Unfortunately I didn't get any before pictures but you can only imagine. We painted it and removed the faux built-in book cases that were on either side.



To celebrate our first anniversary in the house, we planted 4 fruit trees, 2 peach and 2 apple.




We won't be changing anything to commemorate the 2nd year just yet but I'm sure before the summer is over there will be another change to The Farm. It may be the addition of a four-legged food source!! I'm hoping!!!

In other news, I'm finishing up my overhaul of the house before life falls down around my ankles on Monday. I'm dreading going back to work. I pray that I have the strength and energy to keep everything together. I know everything will eventually fall into a rhythm but I'm such a "planner" that I want everything to go as smoothly as possible. Pray for me!!!

Well, it's about time for The Man to wake up so I'll stop here. Until next time, ya'll have a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! You can go back to work and do it all. It may not seem like it right now. And the first few weeks are the toughest. But a pattern/routine will develop. You have strength you haven't even tapped into yet. do as much as you can in those 8 hours, shop at lunch, run errands on the way to/from work. The more you accomplish during work time, the more time for loving at home. Your daughter willg row to appreciate your sacrafices so she is fed, sheltered and warm. Gone are the days of resenting a working mother, here to stay is the mindset that you do what you have to do to survive. What is the alternative. An unhappy Mommy, less money and stress!

    You can do it! Email me if you need to vent, cry, chat next week!

    ReplyDelete