Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkins and.... Lilacs?!

I forgot to add this to my post earlier so I decided to make a new one. Its very appropriate for a Sunday morning.

Yesterday when we pulled up in the driveway I saw this.



Now, I have waited each spring for this bush to bloom. Since we have owned this house it has NEVER bloomed after the spring. So why is it blooming on the first of October??? I don't know if you can see in the picture but the leaves are starting to die. They're all brown and spotty. It has gotten me completely baffled. Oh and it smells heavenly; just like it was spring and not 50 degrees outside! I'm so stumped at this! So, like I do when I can't figure something out, I called Mother. She said that its a message from God, a blooming bush instead of a burning one. She seems to think that God is sending us a message, telling us that everything is going to be ok. That even in the cold, something beautiful can grow.

All I have to say is that if God is trying to tell us something; he/she picked a fabulous way to say it!!

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom is right. She's a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I think your mom is right, too!

    ReplyDelete